Christian Education and Missions for All
May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord. - 2 Peter 1:2
The Christian Life
The Christian life is different from any other type of life. It is a life patterned after Christ, otherwise, it cannot be called “a Christ-like life”, the meaning it portrays. We already defined the term Christian in the article, The Christian Race. Life is “the period between birth and death or tea experience or state of being alive” (Cambridge English Dictionary).
The Christian life is a new life that starts with being born again and continues until we see the Lord in eternity.
Characteristics of the Christian Life
The Christian Life is a Life of Complete Trust in and Surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
We seek to:
1. Know Him more. Philippians 3:10
The more you know Jesus, the more you’ll love and trust Him. When you learn to trust Him, it becomes easier to go on to the next steps below.
4. Rely on His power to live like Him.
5. Accept His discipline, correction and trimmings. He trims us like plants so we can produce the best fruit for His glory.
The Christian Life is a Life of Crucifixion
- We are crucified with Christ. We are in full identification with Him. We belong to Him and Him alone. Galatians 2:20
- We have nailed our natural sinful desires to the cross and left them there. Galatians 5:24
- We are crucified to the world and the world is crucified to us. Our lives are not ruled by worldly desires, standards and fashion anymore. Galatians 6:14-15
The Christian Life is a Life of Praise and Worship to God
We do this:
The Christian Life is a Life of Service to the Lord
Christ first saves us from sin and gives us eternal life. Then, He calls us into service to rescue others and help them grow in grace. He will reward us at the end of life based on our faithfulness in the use of all we have and are – time, talents, resources, knowledge and qualifications.
If you wish to receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, please click here.
If you would like more support in your walk with Jesus, please let us know. We are prayerfully working for your eternal and total welfare. We would like to give you biblical support as the Lord enables us.